Travelling to Verona (known mostly to me [prior to the trip] as being Shakespeare's setting for Romeo and Juliet, and let me tell you, the Verona citizens don't let you forget!).
A week ago I ventured on the train to Verona (about an hour and a half from Bologna), with my two friends, where we had a fun day. The city was lovely and the weather is finally getting warmer, and we spent the day outside without coats, a big step! However, in the balmy weather the Italians were still bundled up in their fur coats, it's just how they do. In Verona we visited an old castle, a 2,000 year old piazza (where a food market has been held since Roman times), 'Juliet's' House (really an old inn, and a tourist trap, but it was cute anyways), a Roman Arena (the third largest in the world), and a Roman Ampitheatre (along the river). A great day of exploring.
This is a bit of a lovely moment - just listen to the music! This man was playing all morning while we visited this old castle. Merry weekend to you all!
Hooray for Verona! I was there a year ago from this week! I hope you got to see the whale bone hanging in the archway near the piazza you were talking about. Hope you're doing well!
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous of all these trips you're taking!! :)
ReplyDeleteso I'm ready for some blogging from you!